OSWEGO, N.Y. – Junior Ariella Haas scored the game-winner in the third period in a scrappy, physical game against non-conference opponent William Smith.
- Final Score: Oswego 1, William Smith 0
- Location: Deborah F. Stanley Arena, Oswego, N.Y.
- Records: Oswego 5-2-1 (2-2-1 NEWHL), William Smith 2-7-0 (1-5-0 NEHC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Oswego and William Smith played a scrappy, physical game from start to finish.
- The Lakers held the offensive zone pressure throughout the majority of the first period, outshooting the Herons 9-3.
- With the game heating up in the second period, the Lakers found themselves in a 5-on-4 situation.
- They controlled the puck well on their powerplay, but were unable to capitalize.
- Just over five minutes into the third period, Haas found herself in the corner with the puck, she passed it to the point. Chyne Kennedy then slid the puck toward the net, going off the skate of Emily Gustafson straight to Haas who put the puck over the blocker for the Lakers lone goal.
- Oswego continued their trend of winning in the faceoff circle tonight, winning the battle in the circle 29-17.
- Haas went 10-5 in faceoffs, followed by Morgan Shines (8-4) and Sara Cruise (6-2).
- The shots on goal totals finished at 34-15 in favor of the Lakers.
- Joanna Hiebert recorded her second shutout in a row for the green and gold with 15 total saves.
The Lakers will travel to take on the Cortland Red Dragons at 7:00P.M. Friday, Dec. 3.
Through the support of Oswego Health, admission into Oswego State Women’s Ice Hockey regular season home games is free of charge for the 2021-22 season.
@OswegoAthletics | FB: OswegoAthleticsOfficial | IG: oswegoathletics