CORTLAND, N.Y. – The Oswego State Women’s Ice Hockey team was defeated tonight by the Red Dragons of Cortland to end their unbeaten streak. Oswego started off hot, in the second period Cortland scored two unanswered goals to find the 2-1 victory.
- Final Score: Cortland 2, Oswego 1
- Location: Alumni Arena, Cortland, N.Y.
- Records: Cortland 3-1-0 (NEWHL 1-1-0), Oswego State 3-1-1 (NEWHL 1-1-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Oswego started off quick as they scored at the 11:18 mark of the first period after multiple chances.
- Morgan Shines scored the Lakers lone goal as it was assisted by Philomena Teggart and Ariella Haas.
- At the end of the first period the Lakers remained in the lead 1-0.
- In the first period shots on goal were quite lopsided, 18-6 in favor of the Lakers.
- In the second period, Cortland scored two unanswered goals giving them the 2-1 lead.
- The score remained throughout the contest, despite Oswego outshooting the Red Dragons by a margin of 43-23.
- Shines led the Lakers in the faceoff circle going 15-7, followed by Rachel Corbett (10), and Mia Conboy (7). Lizzie Burke did not lose a faceoff all night, winning four.
- Bryn White finished the contest with a total of 21 saves.
The Lakers will continue their NEWHL conference play tomorrow against #1 nationally ranked Plattsburgh, puck drop is set for 3:00PM.
Through the support of Oswego Health, admission into Oswego State Women’s Ice Hockey regular season home games is free of charge for the 2021-22 season.
@OswegoAthletics | FB: OswegoAthleticsOfficial | IG: oswegoathletics