ADRIAN, MI – The Oswego State Women’s Ice Hockey team defeated the bulldogs of Adrian College this evening for the first time since October 30, 2010. Adrian was undefeated in their last season, just before COVID stopped their chances at a national championship.
- Final Score: Oswego 2, Adrian 1
- Location: Arrington Ice Arena , Adrian, MI
- Records: Oswego 1-0-0 (SUNYAC 0-0), Adrian 0-1-0 (NCHA 0-0)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Lakers started their 2021-22 season with a bang this evening.
- Oswego defeated the Bulldogs by a score of 2-1.
- Adrian was ranked #10 in the country by USCHO in their last regular season game in March 2020.
- At the end of the first period, the Lakers and Bulldogs were knotted at zero.
- After one period the Bulldogs had seven shots on goal and the Lakers were right behind with six.
- Megan Teachout silenced the crowd for the Lakers in the second period with a rocket of a shot to the top shelf.
- Again Teachout from a tough angle to the left of the goal RIPPED one by the ear of the Adrian goalkeeper to give her team the 2-0 lead.
- Chyne Kennedy assisted the second Laker goal that came on the powerplay.
- Late in the third period the Bulldogs fought back and earned a goal for their team.
- With only 17 ticks left on the clock after the Adrian goal, the Laker defense held them at bay to win their first game against Adrian in ten years.
- Also adding shots for the Lakeshow was Hull Mack, Kamryn Barnes, Lizzie Burke, Amanda Zenstein, Rachel Corbett, Philomena Teggart, Aislinn McAleer and Emily Gustafson.
- Finishing with nine blocks the Laker defense stayed strong against the Midwest juggernaut.
- Laker goaltender Joanna Hiebert finished the contest with 31 saves for her team keeping her team in the contest multiple times. She had 16 saves in the third period alone.
The Lakers will travel to take on Trine University at 2:00 P.M. on October 30.
@OswegoAthletics | FB: OswegoAthleticsOfficial | IG: oswegoathletics