OSWEGO, N.Y. – The Oswego State Women’s Ice Hockey team continued their unbeaten streak this evening against the Potsdam Bears. The Lakers battled to a 4-4 OT tie.
- Final Score: Oswego 4, Potsdam 4 (OT)
- Location: Deborah F. Stanley Arena and Convocation Hall
- Records: Oswego 3-0-1 (NEWHL 1-0-1), Potsdam 1-2-1 (NEWHL 0-1-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Potsdam found themselves up by a goal in the first period 11:14 in.
- Just over three minutes later the Bears struck again, extending their lead.
- Amanda Zenstein put the Lakers on the board only 17 seconds after Potsdam’s second goal. This goal was scored from in between the blue line and center ice.
- Again, Oswego continued their trend of goals coming in two’s, scoring another under two minutes apart.
- Chyne Kennedy ripped a snapshot from the point for the Lakers second, assisted by Megan Teachout.
- The remainder of the first period was scoreless.
- At the 12:07 mark of the second period, Potsdam added another to the board. Giving them their second lead of the afternoon, 3-2.
- Just over four minutes later, Kyleigh Grugin tied the game for the second time, Mia Conboy assisted.
- The back-and-forth scoring continued as Potsdam added their fourth goal two minutes later.
- Amanda Zenstein (2) tied the game for a third time with 4:53 remaining in the third period.
- The Lakers fourth was assisted by Philomena Teggart and Ariella Haas.
- At the end of regulation the scored remained at four a piece.
- The Lakers held the majority of the possession in the overtime stanza.
- The overtime was very lopsided, as the Lakers outshot the Bears by a margin of 6-0.
- Neither squad was able to prevail in overtime, resulting in a 4-4 OT tie.
- Oswego dominated the offensive zone throughout, outshooting the Bears 56-10.
- The green and gold continued their trend in the faceoff dot, winning the battle 41-18.
- Morgan Shines led her team in the faceoff circle winning 14 of her 17 draws followed by Rachel Corbett winning 11.
The Lakers will continue their NEWHL conference play on Friday November 12 at 5:000 P.M. against the Red Dragons of Cortland.
Through the support of Oswego Health, admission into Oswego State Women’s Ice Hockey regular season home games is free of charge for the 2021-22 season.
@OswegoAthletics | FB: OswegoAthleticsOfficial | IG: oswegoathletics