OSWEGO, N.Y. – The Oswego State Women’s Ice Hockey team finished their exhibition season with a 7-0 victory over the Neumann Knights. The Lakers have now scored 25 goals in their first two competitions.
- Final Score: Oswego 7, Neumann 0
- Location: Deborah F. Stanley Arena , Oswego, N.Y.
- Records: Oswego 0-0-0 (SUNYAC 0-0), Nazareth 0-0-0 (UCHC 0-0)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The first period for the Lakers was much different than the game against King’s.
- After the first period the game was knotted at zero’s. Oswego had 14 shots on goal in the first.
- Amanda Zenstein, 5:20 into the second period opened the scoring for the Lakers. The goal was assisted by Simone Bednarik.
- Just over two minutes later, Emily Gustafson scored the Lakers second. Taylor Hudon assisted the goal.
- The Lakers final second period goals came unassisted from Morgan Shines 9:20 in and Mack Hull at the 12:00 mark of the second period.
- Kyleigh Grugin found herself behind the net with the goalie out of position, she wrapped the puck to the back of the net for the Lakers fifth goal.
- Bednarik added herself a goal into the stats sheet, she tipped an Avery Webster point shot to the back of the net. Chyne Kennedy also assisted the goal.
- With just 3:20 remaining in the contest, Megan Teachout gained a rebound off of an Ariella front presence shot and put it past the goalies outstretched left pad for the Lakers seventh, and final goal of the exhibition.
- Oswego collectively won 42-56 faceoffs, led by Sophomore Sara Cruise with nine wins and zero losses just behind was fellow classmate Mia Conboy with eight wins and only three losses in the faceoff dot.
- Hass finished in the faceoff dot 5-2, along with Gustafson (4-1), Rachel Corbett (7-2) and Morgan Shines (8-3).
- The Lakers finished the contest with 56 shots on goal.
The Lakers will travel to take on the Bulldogs of Adrian College on Friday October 29th for a puck drop set for 3:00PM.
@OswegoAthletics | FB: OswegoAthleticsOfficial | IG: oswegoathletics