ANGOLA, IN – The Oswego State Women’s Ice Hockey team continued their winning streak in the Mid-West region with a victory over the Trine University Thunder 2-1.
- Final Score: Oswego 2, Trine 1
- Location: Thunder Ice Arena , Angola, IN
- Records: Oswego 2-0-0 (SUNYAC 0-0), Trine 1-1-0 (NCHA 0-0)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Lakers completed their sweep of Midwest opponents this afternoon as they defeated the Trine University Thunder by a score of 2-1.
- This was the first ever recorded matchup between the two teams.
- At the 10:32 mark of the first period, the Lakers found themselves at a disadvantage.
- Just 12 seconds into Trine’s first powerplay, they put their first goal on the board.
- Falling behind early, the Lakers did not stray away from the game plan.
- With a collective 18 shots in the first period, the score remained 1-0 in favor of Trine.
- In the second period the Lakers picked up their offensive intensity ten-fold.
- Oswego out-shot the Thunder in the second period by a margin of 21-5.
- At the 13:47 mark of the second period, Amanda Zenstein got the Lakers on the board.
- Captain Philomena Teggart followed by example as she assisted the Lakers first tally.
- The rest of the second period remained scoreless, despite the offensive pressure majority being in the Lakers favor.
- In the third period Simone Bednarik found Megan Teachout for her third goal of the weekend.
- This goal proved to be the game-winner as Trine pulled their goalie with 14 seconds remaining immediately after returning to full-strength, it proved to be too late for the Thunder.
- The Lakers out-shot their opponent 38-17 throughout.
- Also recording shots for the Lakers was Taylor Hudon (4), Ariella Haas (4), Ashlyn McGrath (4), Mia Conboy (4) and Chyne Kennedy (3).
- The faceoff battle was tied 22-22. Leading the Lakers was Rachel Corbett with seven wins and only one loss in the circle.
- Goaltender Bryn White completed the game with a total of 16 saves.
The Lakers will travel back to Oswego as they are set to begin their NEWHL conference schedule against the Buffalo State Bengals at 3:00P.M. Saturday, November 6.
@OswegoAthletics | FB: OswegoAthleticsOfficial | IG: oswegoathletics