OSWEGO, N.Y. – In exhibition play, the Utica Pioneers used four power play goals to rally past the Oswego State men’s ice hockey team by a score of 6-4 in preseason action for both teams. Four different Lakers scored for Oswego in their first action since March 7 of 2020.
- Final Score: Utica 6, Oswego 4
- Location: Deborah F. Stanley Arena, Oswego, N.Y.
- Records: Oswego 0-0, Utica 0-0
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Utica got off to a 2-1 start with two goals sandwiched around an Oswego goal by sophomore Shane Bull.
- Bull’s goal was assisted by sophomore Connor Sleeth and freshman Ben Addison.
- Oswego scored the first two goals of the second period to take a 3-2 lead.
- Alex DiCarlo scored 3:10 into the period from newcomers Jackson Arcan and Tyler Flack.
- Senior Jared Nash scored at the 11:54 mark from AJ Ryan.
- Utica then scored three goals in a minute and 36 seconds to end the second period, two of those on the power play, to go up 5-3.
- The Pioneers’ fourth power play goal came in the eighth minute of the final period.
- Travis Broughman capped the scoring with an unassisted goal with just under five minutes left to play.
- All three Oswego goalies saw action with Steven Kozikoski playing the first period, Eric Green taking the net in the second and Richie Parent holding Utica to a single goal in the third.
- Utica outshot the Lakers 26-23 in the matchup.
Oswego returns to home ice next Saturday at 7 p.m. to face SUNY Canton in further exhibition play.
@OswegoAthletics | FB: OswegoAthleticsOfficial | IG: oswegoathletics