MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – Sophomore forward Trevor Neumann (Burlington, Ont.) scored twice to lead the host SUNY Morrisville Mustangs in State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) action, but it wasn’t enough as Buffalo State College posted the 3-2 win on the Mustangs home ice in Morrisville.
- Final Score: Morrisville 2, Buffalo State 3
- Location: Morrisville IcePlex, Morrisville, N.Y.
- Records: Morrisville 1-3-0, 0-3-0 SUNYAC; Buffalo State 3-0-0, 1-0-0 SUNYAC
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Host SUNY Morrisville dropped a close 3-2 decision to visiting Buffalo State College Wednesday night on the Mustangs home ice, dropping to 1-3-0 overall on the season and 0-3-0 in SUNYAC play.
- Both of the Mustangs tallies came off the stick of Trevor Neumann (Burlington, Ont.) who collected his first in the opening period for the 1-0 Mustang lead.
- Neumann placed the wrist shot over the glove in the center of the zone after the dish from Will Jones (Corbell, Ont.) from behind the net at the 19:11.1 mark.
- Just over a minute into the second period, Buffalo State scored the equalizer, cleaning up the loose puck in front of Ryan Creenan (Colonia, N.J.) for the tally at the 1:18 mark.
- Buffalo State took the lead midway through with the go ahead goal at 10:58, before adding a third score in the final period at 17:09 for the two-goal cushion.
- Morrisville pulled Creenan for the extra skater late in the period and was successful as Neumann collected his second of the night to bring the Mustangs within one with under a minute remaining on the clock.
- James Boisvert (Mansfield, Tex.) and Chris Mott (Nesconset, N.Y.) were credited with the assists.
- Morrisville once again pulled Creenan for the extra skater and were able to attack the Buffalo State net but were turned away as the Bengals posted the win as time expired.
- Creenan collected 26 saves in net for the Mustangs in 58 minutes of play, including 12 in the opening period.
- Emil Norrman registered the win for Buffalo State, turning away 33, as Morrisville outshot the Bengals 35-29.
- Morrisville was 34-for-56 from the faceoff circle, Mott posting wins on 10-of-13 puck drops.
- Morrisville heads to Fredonia on Saturday for a 7 p.m. matchup with the Blue Devils in SUNYAC action.