MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – The Mustangs picked up their third win of the season on Tuesday night in a non-conference tilt with the Herons from William Smith.
- Final Score: Morrisville 2, William Smith 0
- Location: Morrisville, N.Y.
- Records: Morrisville 3-5-1, William Smith 2-8-0
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Morrisville got on board first midway through the first period when Alana McDonald (Potsdam, N.Y.) found the back of the net. Line mates, Kendra Johnston (St. Albert, Alta.) and Rhys Brown (Kemptville, Ont.) picked up assists on the tally.
- The Mustangs continued to put shots on goal throughout the rest of the first period and into the second, but were unable to extend their lead until the 16:48 mark in the second.
- McDonald put away her second of the game in transition to give Morrisville the 2-0 advantage. Julianna Giacobbo (St. Albert, Alta.) was credited with the assist.
- William Smith turned the tables slightly in the third, outshooting the Mustangs 8-1, as they took advantage of two Morrisville penalties.
- However, the Morrisville defense and goaltending held the Herons at bay to secure the non-conference win.
- Mak Ganje (Vail, Colo.) picked up their first collegiate win and first collegiate shutout with a 21 save performance.
NEXT UP FOR THE MUSTANGS
Morrisville returns to the ice on Tuesday, December 7 for another non-conference contest as they face off with local rival, Utica College. Puck drop is set for 7 PM.
SUNY Morrisville’s curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News and World Report Best Colleges 2020 issue and was among the top 10 performers for social mobility, and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2020 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about SUNY Morrisville, visit www.morrisville.edu.