BUFFALO, N.Y. – The Mustangs hit the road on Wednesday night for a State Universities of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) contest at Buffalo State. The tilt did not go Morrisville’s way as they fell to the Bengals 3-0
- Final Score: Morrisville 0, Buffalo St. 3
- Location: Buffalo, N.Y.
- Records: Morrisville 0-4-0 (0-3-0 SUNYAC), Buffalo St. 2-1-0 (1-0-0 SUNYAC)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The Mustangs outshot the Bengals in the first period 14-11, but it was Buffalo State who would skate out of the first twenty minutes with the 1-0 lead with a goal in the 9th minute of play.
- Buffalo State built some offensive momentum in the second, putting up 21 shots, 13 of which were on goal.
- However, Owen Liskiewicz (Redbank, N.J.) and the rest of the Mustangs held the Bengals at bay to keep the contest at just the one goal deficit. Liskiewicz denied all 13 shots faced in the period.
- Both squads battled back and forth throughout the first 15 minutes of the third.
- At the 15:46 mark, the Bengals broke through to take the late 2-0 advantage with an even strength tally.
- With a stoppage of play in their own attacking zone, the Mustangs pulled Liskiewicz in favor of the extra skater.
- Unfortunately, an empty net goal by Buffalo State with 31 seconds remaining in the contest put the game away and secured the 3-0 SUNYAC win for the Bengals.
- Defenseman, Rich Hart (Liverpool, N.Y.) recorded a team-high 8 shots for the Mustangs. Five of those shots were on goal.
NEXT UP FOR THE MUSTANGS
Morrisville will return to their home ice for another SUNYAC matchup on Saturday, November 13 as they host the Blue Devils from Fredonia for a 7 PM puck drop.
SUNY Morrisville’s curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News and World Report Best Colleges 2020 issue and was among the top 10 performers for social mobility, and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2020 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about SUNY Morrisville, visit www.morrisville.edu.