PLATTSBURGH, N.Y. – The Mustangs dropped their Northeast Women’s Hockey League (NEWHL) contest to top ranked Plattsburgh on Friday night.
- Final Score: Morrisville 0, Plattsburgh 8
- Location: Morrisville, N.Y.
- Records: Morrisville 2-3-1 (1-2-1 NEWHL), Plattsburgh 5-0-0 (4-0-0 NEWHL)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The Cardinals posted tallies in every period to win the contest 8-0.
- Despite being blanked on the scoreboard, the Mustangs won the faceoff battle 30-28 across the sixty minutes of play.
- Mak Ganje (Vail, Colo.) worked the first forty minutes between the pipes for the Mustangs, recording 32 saves.
- Elizabeth Timby (Getzville, N.Y.) recorded 15 saves in the third period after subbing in for Ganje.
NEXT UP FOR THE MUSTANGS
The Mustangs will remain in Plattsburgh, closing out their road trip with at 3 PM puck drop against the Cardinals on Saturday afternoon.
SUNY Morrisville’s curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News and World Report Best Colleges 2020 issue and was among the top 10 performers for social mobility, and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2020 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about SUNY Morrisville, visit www.morrisville.edu.