MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – The SUNY Morrisville women’s hockey team opened the 2022-23 season Saturday afternoon with an overtime one goal draw against visiting William Smith College in Morrisville.
- Final Score: Morrisville 1, William Smith 1 OT
- Location: Morrisville IcePlex, Morrisville, N.Y.
- Records: Morrisville 0-0-1, William Smith 0-0-1
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Host SUNY Morrisville women’s hockey opened the 2022-23 season Saturday afternoon on their home ice in Morrisville with an overtime draw with visiting William Smith College.
- Morrisville collected the first goal of the season a mere 44 seconds into the contest off the stick of Allie Davidson (Niagara Falls, Ont.), who one-timed the puck off the pass interception by Lilly Trevors (Miramichi, N.B.).
- The Mustangs maintained the one goal advantage until the 7:05 mark of the third period, when Kelly Howe cleaned up the loose puck in front of the Morrisville net for the equalizing score for the Herons.
- Emma Plett (Mitchell, Man.) was able to keep the visitors off the board for a majority of the contest, turning away double digit attempts in each the first and second periods of play, collecting a total 28 by the end of regulation.
- After the Heron score tied the contest at one, Morrisville had a few opportunities before the close of regulation, but were unable to capitalize as they went into extra time.
- In the overtime period, both teams skated back-and-forth with a few changes each to net the game winner, but each came up empty as they settled for the tie.
- Plett turned away two in the overtime frame, bringing her total to 30 saves in the tie.
- Morrisville will hit the road for the first time tomorrow, traveling to William Smith for a 4 p.m. non-conference match.