GENEVA, N.Y. – The SUNY Morrisville women’s ice hockey team fell in non-conference action Sunday afternoon to host William Smith College, as the Herons posted scores in each period to collect the 4-1 victory in Geneva.
- Final Score: Morrisville 1, William Smith 4
- Location: The Cooler, William Smith College, Geneva, N.Y.
- Records: Morrisville 0-1-1, William Smith 1-0-1
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Host William Smith scored two first period tallies and added one each in the second and third periods, collecting a 4-1 non-conference over visiting SUNY Morrisville women’s hockey Sunday afternoon in Geneva.
- Morrisville’s lone score of the contest came in the second period at the 15:09 mark on the power play, as Pippy Pritchard (Saskatoon, Sask.) put away the puck off the feed from Kate Mabey (Guelph, Ont.) and Samantha Torgerson (Hamburg, N.Y.).
- Emma Plett (Mitchell, Man.) posted the loss in net, turning away 27, including a 13 save effort in third period.
- William Smith posted the first tally 3:41 into the opening period, before adding a second at the seven minute mark to take a 2-0 lead.
- The Herons extended the lead to three with a power play score in the second, before the Mustangs countered with one of their own.
- William Smith collected the final score of the day 2:01 into the third period, posting the 4-1 win.
- Morrisville outshot the hosts 35-31, but Erin Murray stopped 34 for the win.
- Morrisville will return to their home ice Friday afternoon, hosting Plattsburgh at 7 p.m. at the IcePlex.