By Scott Kinville/315 hockey.
The Morrisville Mustangs Men’s Hockey Team hits the road on Wednesday and travels to Brockport, NY to take on SUNYAC rivals the Brockport Golden Eagles. Wednesday night’s game is a rematch of the first game played between the teams on November 5th at the Morrisville IcePlex. On that day, the Golden Eagles skated away with a 6-3 victory.
The Mustangs will have some momentum going for them on Wednesday, as they defeated Arcadia in the last game they played and snapped a three-game losing streak. In an ironic twist of fate, it’s actually a good thing for the Mustangs that Wednesday night’s game is on the road, where they have been outstanding this season. They are 5-2-0 away from the Morrisville IcePlex.
The Brockport Golden Eagles enter Wednesday night’s game on a two-game winning streak, having defeated Fredonia and Franklin Pierce. It was during the game against Franklin Pierce that forward Chase Maxwell put up two goals and two assists helping to earn him the current SUNYAC Athlete + Rookie of the Week honors. Both of those wins were on the road, and the Golden Eagles will try to extend that streak at home where they have struggled mightily. The Golden Eagles are 1-4-0 this season at the Wegmans Ice Arena.
With both teams looking to make some headway in the SUNYAC standings, let’s take a look at how they match up against each other.
Morrisville Mustangs Team Records
- Overall Record: 6-9-0.
- Away Record: 5-2-0.
- Conference Record: 3-5-0, 6th place in the SUNYAC.
- Head Coach: Kevin Krogol.
Brockport Golden Eagles Team Records
- Overall Record: 6-9-0.
- Home Record: 1-4-0.
- Conference Record: 2-6-0, 7th place in the SUNYAC.
- Head Coach: Brian Dickinson.
Morrisville Mustangs Top Five Scorers + Individual Leaders
1.) Cameron Clarke: 9 goals + 8 assists = 17 points.
2.) Curtis Abbott: 7 goals + 4 assists = 11 points.
3.) Chris Mott: 4 goals + 7 assists = 11 points.
4.) Trevor Neumann: 7 goals + 3 assists = 10 points.
5.) Trevor Grasby (3 goals + 5 assists), Jestin Somero (2 goals + 6 assists) = 8 points each.
- Shots Leader: Cameron Clarke with 60.
- Power Play Goals Leader: six are tied with one each.
- Game Winning Goals Leader: six are tied with one each.
- +/- Leader: Robert Haak at +6.
Brockport Golden Eagles Top Five Scorers + Individual Leaders
1.) Chase Maxwell: 6 goals + 7 assists = 13 points.
2.) Andrew Harley: 7 goals + 5 assists = 12 points.
3.) Connor Galloway: 4 goals + 8 assists = 12 points.
4.) Chris Aarons: 1 goal + 9 assists = 10 points.
5.) Josh Grund (5 goals + 3 assists), Scott Ramaekers (3 goals + 5 assists) = 8 points each.
- Shots Leader: Andrew Hurley with 48.
- Power Play Goals Leader: Alex Monteleone with two.
- Game Winning Goals Leader: Josh Grund with two.
- +/- Leader: Alex Monteleone at +10.
Morrisville Mustangs Team Defense
- Goals Against: 45.
- Goals Against Per Game: 3.0.
- Shots Allowed: 466.
- Shots Allowed Per Game: 31.1.
- Penalty Kill: 91.1% (51 for 56).
- Shorthanded Goals Scored: 3 (tied for 4th in Division III).
Brockport Golden Eagles Team Defense
- Goals Against: 55.
- Goals Against Per Game: 3.7.
- Shots Allowed: 547.
- Shots Allowed Per Game: 36.5.
- Penalty Kill: 81.2% (52 for 64).
- Shorthanded Goals Scored: 2.
Morrisville Mustangs Goaltending
- Ryan Creenan: Record: 5-5-0 / GAA: 2.40 / Save Percentage: 0.923 / Saves: 301 / Shutouts: 0.
- Grant Linville: Record: 1-2-0 / GAA: 3.90 / Save Percentage: 0.890 / Saves: 73 / Shutouts: 0.
- Garrett Boyonoski: Record: 0-2-0 / GAA: 4.17 / Save Percentage: 0.839 / Saves: 47 / Shutouts: 0.
Brockport Golden Eagles Goaltending
- Aiden Curry: Record: 1-4-0 / GAA: 3.29 / Save Percentage: 0.929 / Saves: 208 / Shutouts: 0.
- Nolan Egbert: Record: 2-5-0 / GAA: 5.34 / Save Percentage: 0.849 / Saves: 206 / Shutouts: 0.
- Dylan Wiemer: Record: 0-0-0 / GAA: 0.00 / Save Percentage: 1.000 / Saves: 10 / Shutouts: 0.
Wednesday night’s game is scheduled to begin at 7 pm EST. For more information about Morrisville Mustangs hockey, visit https://morrisvillemustangs.com.
- Mike Harder ’97 Named Head Men’s Hockey CoachHAMILTON – Mike Harder ’97 has been named the Donald F. Vaughan Head Men’s Hockey Coach, announced Friday by Colgate University Interim Vice President and Director of Athletics Yariv Amir ’01. Harder makes his return to Colgate after spending six years (2013-2019) as an assistant coach for his alma mater. As a coach for the […]
- Utica University Mens Hockey Has Strong Start to the Recruiting SeasonPhoto credit: Scott Kinville/315 Hockey. By Scott Kinville/315 Hockey. The Utica University Men’s Hockey Team enjoyed another successful season in 2022-23, rising all the way to the number one ranking in the USCHO poll during the regular season. They went undefeated in the UCHC, winning the regular season crown and the tournament championship. The Pioneers […]
- LABERGE RETURNS TO COMETS IN 2023-24 SEASON | Utica Comets Official WebsiteMay 23, 2023 Utica, NY. – Utica Comets General Manager, Dan MacKinnon, announced today that the team has signed forward Samuel Laberge to a one-year AHL contract for the 2023-24 season. Sam Laberge, 26, played in 43 games for Utica during the 2022-23 season and scored eight goald and eight assists for 16 points. Spending […]
- AHL Off-Season Primer: Explaining Contracts, Waivers, and the Development RulePhoto credit: Scott Kinville/315 Hockey. By Scott Kinville/315 Hockey. In most of the American Hockey League, the off-season has begun (in a few weeks the off-season will begin for the rest of the league). For some, the off-season means a time to “unplug” from hockey and forget about the game until September. For others, it […]
- Danielle Slominski Named Women's Ice Hockey Assistant Coach – Oswego State AthleticsOSWEGO, N.Y. – Oswego State Athletics Assistant Vice President/Director of Intercollegiate Athletics Wendy McManus and Head Women’s Ice Hockey Coach Mark Digby have named Danielle Slominski the next Assistant Coach of the Women’s Ice Hockey program. “I’m really excited to see someone with Dani’s experience and personality join our program” Digby said. “It was very […]