MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – The Mustangs found their backs against the wall on Saturday afternoon, but worked their way back from a two goal deficit to earn a 2-2 OT draw with the visiting SUNY Canton Roos in Northeast Women’s Hockey League (NEWHL) action.
- Final Score: Morrisville 2, Canton 2 OT
- Location: Morrisville, N.Y.
- Records: Morrisville 2-2-1 (1-1-1 NEWHL), Canton 3-0-1 (1-0-1 NEWHL)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The Roos started off hot in the first period, picking up two goals in the first twenty minutes of action.
- The first of SUNY Canton’s tallies was an even handed strike at the 3:45 mark.
- The second was a power play goal at the 13:38 mark.
- It took the Mustangs some time, but the home squad was able to get their offense clicking in the second, cutting the Roos lead in half with a power play goal of their own at the 13:55 mark.
- Allie Davidson (Niagara Falls, Ont.) was credited with the unassisted goal.
- Morrisville was able to knot the game up at 2-2, as sophomore Rhys Brown (Kemptville, Ont.) notched her fifth goal of the season. Kendra Johnston (St. Albert, Alta.) and Alana Palameta (Windsor, Ont.) picked up the assists.
- Tied 2-2, the teams headed to OT. However, neither team was able to score and were forced to settle for the tie.
- Mak Ganje (Vail, Colo.) recorded 21 saves for the Mustangs in just over 51 minutes of work.
NEXT UP FOR THE MUSTANGS
The Mustangs will travel to Plattsburgh State for two more NEWHL contests next weekend. Friday’s game is scheduled for 7 PM, while Saturday’s contest will start at 3 PM. The Cardinals are currently ranked #1 in NCAA Division III.
SUNY Morrisville’s curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News and World Report Best Colleges 2020 issue and was among the top 10 performers for social mobility, and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2020 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about SUNY Morrisville, visit www.morrisville.edu.