CORTLAND, N.Y. – The Mustangs dropped a 4-1 decision at SUNY Cortland on Wednesday night in their return to State Universities of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) play.
- Final Score: Morrisville 1, Cortland 4
- Location: Cortland, N.Y.
- Records: Morrisville 3-6-1 (0-5-0 SUNYAC), Cortland 5-2-1 (3-2-1 SUNYAC)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Cortland posted a goal in each period to take a 3-0 advantage over the visiting Mustangs.
- Morrisville was able to chip away at the Red Dragons’ lead late in the third as Noah Holm (Toronto, Ont.) recorded his first goal of the season with a blast from the point off of a face off in the Mustangs’ attacking zone at the 16:35 mark.
- Stevie Gerbis (Bradenton, Fla.) picked up the second assist on goal, winning the face off by getting it out to James Farmer-Valente (Mississauga, Ont.) who then slid a pass to Holm for the one-timer. Farmer-Valente was credited with the first assist.
- The Mustangs looked to capitalize on that momentum, pulling goaltender Owen Liskiewicz (Redbank, N.J.) in favor of an extra skater.
- Unfortunately, Cortland ended any hope of a Morrisville comeback with an empty net tally at the 17:48 mark.
- Liskiewicz recorded 44 saves on the night.
NEXT UP FOR THE MUSTANGS
The Mustangs continue the rest of their first half SUNYAC slate on Saturday as they travel to Oswego State for a 7 PM contest.
SUNY Morrisville’s curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News and World Report Best Colleges 2020 issue and was among the top 10 performers for social mobility, and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2020 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about SUNY Morrisville, visit www.morrisville.edu.