MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – The Mustangs dropped a heartbreaker in the final seconds on their home ice on Saturday night, falling 2-1 in a State Universities of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) tilt against the Fredonia State Blue Devils.
- Final Score: Morrisville 1, Fredonia St. 2
- Location: Morrisville, N.Y.
- Records: Morrisville 0-5-0 (0-4-0 SUNYAC), Fredonia St. 3-2-0 (1-0-0 SUNYAC)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Morrisville took a first period lead at the 6:04 mark after Jestin Somero (New Ipswich, N.H.) banged home a rebound after the initial shot from Rich Hart (Liverpool, N.Y.). Hart was credited with the assist.
- The Mustangs posted a 12-8 shot advantage during the second but were unable to add to their lead.
- The Blue Devils capitalized on a Morrisville penalty midway through the third period to tie the contest 1-1 at the 9:18 mark.
- The game looked as if it was destined for overtime, but Fredonia put away a rebound of their own with three seconds remaining in regulation to take the 2-1 lead and shock the Mustangs on their home ice.
NEXT UP FOR THE MUSTANGS
The Mustangs will take a break from SUNYAC action as they host the Rivier University Raiders on Friday and Saturday, November 19 and 20. Both contests are set to start at 7 PM in the IcePlex.
SUNY Morrisville’s curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News and World Report Best Colleges 2020 issue and was among the top 10 performers for social mobility, and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2020 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about SUNY Morrisville, visit www.morrisville.edu.