Photo credit: Scott Kinville/315 Hockey.
An extraordinarily strong graduating class of the Utica Pioneers Men’s Hockey Team saw two more of its graduates join the professional ranks on Thursday, as forwards Mic Curran and Lucas Herrmann have signed with the Pensacola Ice Flyers of the Southern Professional Hockey League (SPHL).
Justin Allen and Regen Cavanagh sign with the Norfolk Admirals: Pair of Utica Pioneers to Make Professional Hockey Debut
Both Curran and Herrmann came to Utica via the transfer portal. Curran played two seasons for the Pioneers after transferring from Curry College in 2021. In fifty-six games played for Utica, the Arlington, Massachusetts native compiled nineteen goals and forty-five assists for sixty-four points. After a stellar 2022-23 season in which he registered twelve goals and twenty-five assists for thirty-seven points, Curran was named to the All UCHC Second Team.
Herrmann played only this season with the Pioneers after transferring from the Division I University of New Hampshire. The Elma, NY native recorded fifteen goals and twenty assists in twenty-nine games played. Of his fifteen goals, three were on the power play, three were shorthanded, and two were game-winners. He was named the UCHC Co-Player of the Week for the week ending on February 11th.
John Moncovich signs in the SPHL John Moncovich signs in the SPHL, Connor Fedorek signs in the ECHL Utica Pioneers Defenseman Connor Fedorek Signs in the ECHL.
The Pensacola Ice Flyers are in seventh place in the ten-team Southern Professional Hockey League (the top eight teams make the playoffs). The Ice Flyers close out their regular season with a three-game set at home against the Evansville Thunderbolts beginning on Friday night. For more information about the Pensacola Ice Flyers, visit https://IceFlyers.com.
- Mike Harder ’97 Named Head Men’s Hockey CoachHAMILTON – Mike Harder ’97 has been named the Donald F. Vaughan Head Men’s Hockey Coach, announced Friday by Colgate University Interim Vice President and Director of Athletics Yariv Amir ’01. Harder makes his return to Colgate after spending six years (2013-2019) as an assistant coach for his alma mater. As a coach for the […]
- Utica University Mens Hockey Has Strong Start to the Recruiting SeasonPhoto credit: Scott Kinville/315 Hockey. By Scott Kinville/315 Hockey. The Utica University Men’s Hockey Team enjoyed another successful season in 2022-23, rising all the way to the number one ranking in the USCHO poll during the regular season. They went undefeated in the UCHC, winning the regular season crown and the tournament championship. The Pioneers […]
- LABERGE RETURNS TO COMETS IN 2023-24 SEASON | Utica Comets Official WebsiteMay 23, 2023 Utica, NY. – Utica Comets General Manager, Dan MacKinnon, announced today that the team has signed forward Samuel Laberge to a one-year AHL contract for the 2023-24 season. Sam Laberge, 26, played in 43 games for Utica during the 2022-23 season and scored eight goald and eight assists for 16 points. Spending […]
- AHL Off-Season Primer: Explaining Contracts, Waivers, and the Development RulePhoto credit: Scott Kinville/315 Hockey. By Scott Kinville/315 Hockey. In most of the American Hockey League, the off-season has begun (in a few weeks the off-season will begin for the rest of the league). For some, the off-season means a time to “unplug” from hockey and forget about the game until September. For others, it […]
- Danielle Slominski Named Women's Ice Hockey Assistant Coach – Oswego State AthleticsOSWEGO, N.Y. – Oswego State Athletics Assistant Vice President/Director of Intercollegiate Athletics Wendy McManus and Head Women’s Ice Hockey Coach Mark Digby have named Danielle Slominski the next Assistant Coach of the Women’s Ice Hockey program. “I’m really excited to see someone with Dani’s experience and personality join our program” Digby said. “It was very […]