ELMIRA, N.Y. – The Oswego State Men’s Ice Hockey team was defeated by Elmira College this evening by a score of 5-4. Despite a three-goal second period to tie the game, Elmira had the edge in the end.
- Final Score: Elmira 5, Oswego 4
- Location: Murray Athletic Center, Elmira, N.Y.
- Records: Elmira 2-0-0 (NEHC 0-0), Oswego 0-2-0 (SUNYAC 0-0)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Elmira came right out of the gate at Oswego, scoring two goals within 30 seconds of each other, their first goal was scored 7:17 into the contest.
- Despite the Lakers outshooting the Soaring Eagles 12-9 in the first period, they were held to no goals.
- With just one second remaining in the period, the Soaring Eagles extended their lead to three.
- Josh LeBlanc opened the scoring for the Lakers in the second period, assisted by Jared Nash and Travis Broughman, 8:37 into the period.
- The Lakers scored again after they held the momentum with 6:12 remaining in the period. Connor Smart scored his first goal as a Laker to bring his team within one.
- Oswego found themselves on a powerplay with 2:28 remaining in the second and they scored right off of the faceoff, just seven seconds into the powerplay
- This goal tied the game at three. Broughman added his second point of the night with the goal, assisted by Nash and Alex DiCarlo.
- Oswego took the energy right out of the building with their third goal of the period.
- Same story as the first period, however, as Elmira took the lead with two seconds remaining in the second period.
- With 12:40 left in the third period, Oswego scored their fourth, tying the game.
- Dicarlo found himself on the score sheet for the second time of the night. The goal was assisted by Connor Sleeth.
- Elmira broke the tie with 3:01 remaining in the third period.
- The final remained 5-4 Soaring Eagles.
- Oswego out-shot Elmira 35-20 throughout the contest.
- The Lakers showed discipline by only having one penalty the entire game.
The Lakers will stay on the road to start their SUNYAC conference play, this will start against the Bears of Potsdam with a puck drop set for 7:00P.M. on November 5th.
@OswegoAthletics | FB: OswegoAthleticsOfficial | IG: oswegoathletics