PLATTSBURGH, N.Y. – The Oswego State Men’s Ice Hockey team battled hard in their second SUNYAC contest, the game resulted in a 2-2 overtime tie to the white out rival Cardinals.
- Final Score: Oswego 2, Plattsburgh 2 (OT)
- Location: Ronald B. Stafford Ice Arena, Plattsburgh, N.Y.
- Records: Oswego 1-2-1 (SUNYAC 1-1), Plattsburgh 2-1-1 (SUNYAC 1-0-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Plattsburgh late in the first period scored two goals within two minutes of each other.
- The Cardinals second goal was scored on a five-minute major penalty for Oswego.
- In the end of the first period, shots on goal were relatively even, the Cardinals took the edge 9-8.
- Tyler Antonucci got the Lakers on the board in the second period with a powerplay goal.
- Alex DiCarlo and Travis Broughman both assisted the first Laker tally.
- DiCarlo continued his offensive success with a goal, 12:55 into the second period.
- Connor Sleeth and Troy Robillard assisted the goal.
- Same story in the second period, the Cardinals led in shots on goal 10-9.
- Plattsburgh had the edge in faceoffs in the third period 12-4.
- Oswego had multiple offensive opportunities in the third period, the Lakers were unable to capitalize.
- At the end of the third, the Lakers had the momentum.
- They continued this momentum in the overtime stanza.
- Oswego outshot the Cardinals 6-4 in overtime, holding the puck for the majority.
- With many chances getting to the net, the Plattsburgh defense and goaltending prevailed at keeping them off of the board in overtime.
The Lakers will return home on November 12 at 7:00P.M. for their annual Teal Night and Military appreciation night against SUNY Cortland.
@OswegoAthletics | FB: OswegoAthleticsOfficial | IG: oswegoathletics