OSWEGO, N.Y. – The Mustangs fell behind early at Oswego on Saturday, ultimately falling 5-1 in State Universities of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) play.
- Final Score: Morrisville 1, Oswego 5
- Location: Oswego, N.Y.
- Records: Morrisville 3-7-1 (0-6-0 SUNYAC), Oswego 7-3-1 (4-1-1 SUNYAC)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Oswego took advantage of a Morrisville penalty in the first period to take a 1-0 lead at the 6:29 mark.
- The Lakers struck again at the 9:30 mark in the first to take the 2-0 advantage.
- Oswego would go on to post two more tallies in the second period for a 4-0 lead.
- The Mustangs were able to swing some momentum their way early in the third as they capitalized on two Lakers penalties.
- Curtis Abbott (Belmont, Ont.) put Morrisville on the board with the power play goal in the second minute of play in the third.
- Morrisville continued to gain opportunities throughout the rest of the third period as the Lakers got into penalty trouble.
- Unfortunately for the Mustangs, the Oswego special teams would not give any additional ground and killed the penalties.
- Oswego capped their scoring with a power play goal in the 18th minute of play to defeat the Mustangs 5-1.
NEXT UP FOR THE MUSTANGS
Morrisville continues their SUNYAC slate with another road trip on Wednesday, December 8 as they travel north to take on SUNY Potsdam at 7 PM.
SUNY Morrisville’s curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News and World Report Best Colleges 2020 issue and was among the top 10 performers for social mobility, and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2020 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about SUNY Morrisville, visit www.morrisville.edu.