CANTON, N.Y. – Despite being held scoreless for the first two periods, the Mustangs rallied in the third, but it was not enough as they fell 4-2 at SUNY Canton in Northeast Women’s Hockey League (NEWHL) action on Friday night.
- Final Score: Morrisville 2, Canton 4
- Location: Canton, N.Y.
- Records: Morrisville 2-2-0 (1-1-0 NEWHL), Canton 3-0-0 (1-0-0 NEWHL)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- After skating to a 0-0 tie through the first twenty minutes of play, it was SUNY Canton who would open up the scoring with an even handed goal at the 4:13 mark in the second period.
- The Roos struck again just over 7 minutes later to take a 2-0 lead over Morrisville.
- Up by two, SUNY Canton tacked on another at the 5:34 mark in the third period.
- However, the Mustangs rallied back with a power play goal just over three minutes later.
- Alana McDonald (Potsdam, N.Y.) notched the goal for Morrisville. Gwyneth Pritchard (Saskatoon, Sask.) and Rhys Brown (Kemptville, Ont.) picked up the assists.
- The Roos went up by three again just under a minute later at the 9:27 mark.
- Morrisville rallied back again as Kendal Kalinowski (Buffalo, N.Y.) found the back of the net at the 11:06 mark, bringing the score to 4-2. Pritchard picked up her second assist of the game on the goal.
- Unfortunately, the score would remain 4-2 in favor of SUNY Canton when the final buzzer sounded.
NEXT UP FOR THE MUSTANGS
The Mustangs and Roos will face off again tomorrow, but this time the contest will be on Morrisville’s home ice. Puck drop is scheduled for 2 PM.
SUNY Morrisville’s curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News and World Report Best Colleges 2020 issue and was among the top 10 performers for social mobility, and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2020 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about SUNY Morrisville, visit www.morrisville.edu.