- Final Score: Morrisville 1, Geneseo 4
- Location: Morrisville, N.Y.
- Records: Morrisville 0-2-0 (0-1-0 SUNYAC), Geneseo 3-0-0 (1-0-0 SUNYAC)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Geneseo controlled the puck throughout the first and second periods, outshooting the Mustangs 28 to 4 across the first forty minutes.
- The Knights picked up two goals in the first with one at the 5:50 mark and the second at the 17:08 mark.
- Despite playing the bulk of their time defending their own zone, the Mustangs did not allow the Knights to tack on their third goal of the contest until the 19:07 mark in the second.
- The Mustangs picked up their offense in the third as they were able to go on the power play four times in the final frame.
- Unfortunately, Morrisville was not able to capitalize on their opportunities until the 18th minute of the third; just over twelve minutes after Geneseo notched their fourth goal of the contest.
- Both third period goals were power play strikes with the Knights’ goal occurring at the 5:53 mark in the third.
- Morrisville’s lone goal was scored off of the stick of Jake Kaplan (Bowie, Md.) at the 17:14 mark. Eric Melso (Philadelphia, Pa.) and Chris Mott (Belmont, Ont.) picked up the assists.
- Owen Liskiewicz (Redbank, N.J.) came up with some critical saves throughout the sixty minutes of play to keep the Mustangs within striking distance. The sophomore netminder finished the night with 38 saves.
NEXT UP FOR THE MUSTANGS
Morrisville continues their first half SUNYAC schedule with a road contest against the Golden Eagles of SUNY Brockport on Saturday night at 7 PM.
SUNY Morrisville’s curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News and World Report Best Colleges 2020 issue and was among the top 10 performers for social mobility, and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2020 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about SUNY Morrisville, visit www.morrisville.edu.