POTSDAM, N.Y. – The Oswego State Men’s Ice Hockey team won their first contest of the 2021-22 campaign this evening against SUNYAC foe, Potsdam. Scoring two straight goals in the second period, after going down 1-0 early in the first, the Lakers prevailed.
- Final Score: Oswego 2, Potsdam 1
- Location: Maxcy Ice Arena, Potsdam, N.Y.
- Records: Oswego 1-2-0 (SUNYAC 1-0), Potsdam 1-1-0 (SUNYAC 0-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Potsdam scored their lone goal in the first period only 7:47 in.
- With many offensive opportunities throughout the rest of the first period, the score remained 1-0.
- The first half of the second period was scoreless.
- Rocco Andreacchi got the Lakers on the board with the tying goal 11:10 into the second.
- The Lakers first goal was assisted by Liam Haslam and Connor Sleeth.
- Oswego kept the momentum after their first goal, scoring just 1:45 after their first.
- Senior Ryan Bunka scored the Laker goal, assisting was Connor Sleeth (2) and Freshman Ben Addison.
- From here the goalies stole the game, with multiple scoring chances for both, the goalies kept the puck from crossing the line.
- With 1:07 remaining the Bears put out a sixth attacker to make it a 6-on-4 while the Lakers were killing a penalty, they had chances, but were unable to capitalize on Kozikoski.
- Oswego out-shot the Bears by a margin of 42-31.
- Steven Kozikoski finished the contest with 30 saves.
- Connor Smart added five shots for his squad, along with Tyler Antonucci (3), Alex DiCarlo (3) and Jared Nash (3).
- Oswego won the faceoff battle 37-30.
The Lakers will continue their North Country road trip against the Cardinals of Plattsburgh at 7:00PM Saturday, November 6.
@OswegoAthletics | FB: OswegoAthleticsOfficial | IG: oswegoathletics