OSWEGO, N.Y. – The Oswego State Women’s Ice Hockey team starts their season off with a bang. They defeated the King’s College Monarchs by their biggest margin of victory in school history, 18-0. With 13 different goal scorers in their season debut, it is apparent that the Lakers do not lack offensive talent from both forwards and defenders.
- Final Score: Oswego 18, King’s 0
- Location: Deborah F. Stanley Arena , Oswego, N.Y.
- Records: Oswego 0-0-0 (SUNYAC 0-0), Nazareth 0-0-0 (UCHC 0-0)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Lakers started off hot in the first period and didn’t look back.
- Mia Conboy scored her first goal just 1:17 into the first period, with assists from Kyleigh Grugin and Freshman Mack Hull.
- Seven minutes later the Lakers struck again, Hull found her second point of the game along with Conboy and Chyne Kennedy, a SUNY Morrisville transfer.
- Senior Captain Philomena Teggart added her first of the season at the 13:36 mark of the first period. Taylor Hudon added her first point as a Laker on their third goal.
- As newcomers added themselves to the scoresheet, Lauren Schell scored her first as a Laker with assists coming from Lizzie Burke and Ariella Haas.
- Grugin added the Lakers fifth goal with 2:04 left in the first period. Lauren Jones assisted the goal.
- Assistant Captain Aislinn McAleer decided to get in on the action two minutes into the second period adding Oswego’s sixth goal, assisted by Haas and Emily Gustafson.
- Sophomore defender Kamryn Barnes added her first as a Laker, extending their lead to seven. Haas added another assist.
- Amanda Zenstein, six minutes into the second earned her first goal as a Laker. Grugin added another assist to her stat book in the game.
- In less than four minutes in the second period, Oswego added four goals. Haas, Zenstein, McGrath, Hudon and Hull all contributed goals to finish the second period.
- The Lakers didn’t let up in the third period as McGrath, Conboy, Grugin and Sophia Kyrkostas all added goals in the third period to give the Lakers a demanding win of 18-0 in their first exhibition.
The Lakers will remain home tomorrow October 23 for their annual Pink the Rink game. Neumann University will travel to Oswego for a 3:00P.M. puck drop.
@OswegoAthletics | FB: OswegoAthleticsOfficial | IG: oswegoathletics