OSWEGO, N.Y. – The Oswego State Men’s Ice Hockey team defeated the Red Dragons in their first SUNYAC victory. After going down 1-0 after the firs period, Oswego fired back two unanswered goals for the victory.
- Final Score: Oswego 2, Cortland 1
- Location: Deborah F. Stanley Arena, Oswego, N.Y.
- Records: Oswego 2-2-1 (SUNYAC 2-0-1), Cortland 2-2-1 (SUNYAC 1-2-0)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After a great save off of a deflection out front, Cortland put home a rebound goal at the 11:18 mark of the first period.
- This goal was scored on the powerplay.
- After the first horn, shots were 15-6 in favor of the Lakers.
- After relentless offensive pressure and many opportunities, Captain Travis Broughman found himself a rebound off of his goaltenders pads. He skated the puck up the boards where he found Connor Sleeth, Sleeth entered the offensive zone from the right of the Red Dragon goaltender and ripped a snapshot over the left pad to tie the contest at one.
- After the second horn the score remained tied.
- Oswego still led in the shots on goal after two periods, 23-14.
- After back-and-forth neutral zone carries for both, Oswego found themselves in their scoring zone. After a save by the Cortland goaltender, the puck popped up into the air where it was batted behind the net to the Cortland defense.
- After being wrapped around the boards, Troy Robillard found himself in possession of the puck at the point, he made no mistake and blew the puck by the Cortland defense and goalkeeper, giving his team the lead.
- In a last-ditch effort to tie the game, the Red Dragons pulled their goalie with 1:23 remaining. Cortland had quite a few offensive chances at the end, but were ultimately shut down by the Laker defense and Steven Kozikoski.
The Lakers will go on the road to play the Golden Eagles of Brockport at 7:00P.M. on Friday, Nov. 19.
@OswegoAthletics | FB: OswegoAthleticsOfficial | IG: oswegoathletics