- Final Score: Morrisville 2, King’s 1
- Location: Pittston, Pa.
- Records: Morrisville 2-5-1, King’s 2-6-0
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Morrisville dominated King’s offensively throughout the contest, but it wasn’t until they went on the power play early in the second period that they were able to capitalize on their opportunities.
- Kaplan found the back of the net at the 1:14 mark in the middle period. James Boisvert (Mansfield, Tex.) assisted on the tally.
- The Mustangs held the 1-0 lead throughout most of the second period, but a power play goal of their own got the Monarchs back into the contest with 37 seconds remaining in the second.
- The deadlock would not last long into the third period as Kaplan notched his second of the game at the 4:15 mark. The goal was unassisted.
- Morrisville was able to lock down defensively in the back half of the third period, including shutting the Monarchs down with their penalty kill units.
- Owen Liskiewicz (Redbank, N.J.) picked up the win for the Mustangs, collecting 26 saves, 12 of which occurred during the third period.
NEXT UP FOR THE MUSTANGS
The Mustangs will return to their home ice tomorrow evening to close out their non-conference series against the Monarchs. Puck drop is set for 5 PM.
SUNY Morrisville’s curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News and World Report Best Colleges 2020 issue and was among the top 10 performers for social mobility, and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2020 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about SUNY Morrisville, visit www.morrisville.edu.