Photo credit: colgateathletics.com.
The long wait for the Colgate Raiders Men’s Hockey Team and their fans, as they kick off their preseason with a pair of games this weekend. On Saturday afternoon, they travel to Troy, NY to take on fellow ECAC member the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Engineers in an exhibition matchup. On Sunday, they return home to the Class of 1965 Arena Guelph University Gryphons (they are based in Guelph, Ontario, Canada) for their second exhibition game of the weekend. The RPI game starts at 4 pm, and the Guelph game begins at 5 pm.
The Raiders are coached by Don Vaughan, who is entering his thirtieth season behind the Colgate Bench. Last season, they finished with an overall record of 18-18-4, with an ECAC mark of 9-9-4. In the ECAC Tournament, they defeated the Yale Bulldogs two games to none in the best three first round, and the Cornell Big Red two games to one, before falling to the top-seeded Quinnipiac Bobcats in the one-game semifinal.
Colgate opens its regular season on Friday, October 7th with a two-game set against the Northern Michigan Wildcats of the CCHA (Central Collegiate Hockey Association). Both the Colgate Men’s and Women’s hockey programs are NCAA Division I, for more information including ticketing, visit https://colgateathletics.com.
- COMETS COLORING CONTEST WINNERS ANNOUNCED | Utica Comets Official Website
- Women's Hockey Moves Up to #13 in USCHO Poll – Utica University Athletics
- Men's Hockey Ascends to Second in USCHO Poll – Utica University Athletics
- Hawthorne Earns Her Second UCHC Goaltender of the Week Honor this Season – Utica University Athletics
- Landsberger Named UCHC Co-Goaltender of the Week – Utica University Athletics