OSWEGO, N.Y. – The Oswego State power play unit scored four more goals as the Lakers used a four-goal second period to break away from the ‘Roos of SUNY Canton by a 8-2 score. Travis Broughman led Oswego with a goal and three assists and Alex DiCarlo had two goals and an assist in the contest.
- Final Score: Oswego 8, SUNY Canton 2
- Location: Convocation, Athletics and Recreation Center, SUNY Canton, Canton, N.Y.
- Records: Oswego 6-3-1, Canton 2-3-1
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Canton got on the scoreboard first with a goal seven minutes into the contest past Laker goalie Eric Green.
- Oswego answered with a power play goal by Tyler Flack and assisted by Jackson Arcan with five minutes remaining in the period.
- In the second period, after a crosscheck penalty against the ‘Roos, Shane Bull won the faceoff to Broughman who tapped it through center ice to DiCarlo.
- DiCarlo snapped a shot past the Canton goalie to give Oswego the 2-1 lead.
- With just over 12 minutes left in the second, Canton tried to pinch down and keep the puck in the Laker defensive zone.
- Oswego chipped the puck past the ‘Roos and created a two-on-one for AJ Ryan who looked off the defender and slapped a shot in for the 3-1 lead.
- Just two minutes later and back on the power play, Broughman swung a pass across to Garrett Clegg who moved into the middle and scored the third Laker goal of the period.
- One minute after the Clegg goal, Tyson Kirkby skated into the Laker offensive zone and swung a centering pass to Mac Lewis in front of the goal, who tehn redirected it in for a 5-1 lead.
- Canton got one back with just under five minutes in the second period when they tipped a puck past Green on their own power play opportunity.
- DiCarlo extended the Laker lead out to 6-2 after Shane Bull collected a rebounded shot and fed it back for a wide-open wrister over the right shoulder of the Canton goalie with 12 minutes left in the third period.
- The Lakers added their seventh goal of the night when Flack collected a rebound from a DiCarlo shot and scored at 13:49
- Broughman added an eighth Laker goal when Connor Smart stopped a Canton clear attempt and fed Broughman for a shot through traffic that found the back of the net.
- Oswego had a 27-16 edge in shots-on-goal and Green made 14 saves in the Laker net for the win.
The Lakers return home on Saturday for a 7 p.m. contest against Morrisville State that will feature the team’s annual Teddy Bear Toss.
@OswegoAthletics | FB: OswegoAthleticsOfficial | IG: oswegoathletics