BROCKPORT, N.Y. – Morrisville scored first, but it wasn’t enough as they were outlasted by the SUNY Brockport Golden Eagles on Saturday night in a State Universities of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) battle on the road.
- Final Score: Morrisville 2, Brockport 5
- Location: Brockport, N.Y.
- Records: Morrisville 0-3-0 (0-2-0 SUNYAC), Brockport 3-0-0 (1-0-0 SUNYAC)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The Mustangs were the first to strike on Saturday night as the visiting squad took advantage of back to back Brockport penalties.
- Eric Melso (Philadelphia, Pa.) netted his first goal of the season on the 5 vs 3 power play at the 7:17 mark in the first period. Picking up the first and second assists respectively was Curtis Abbott (Belmont, Ont.) and Jake Kaplan (Bowie, Md.).
- The Golden Eagles evened the score just under 11 minutes later at the 18:13 mark.
- Morrisville wasted little time in taking back the lead with Melso picking up his second tally of the game just 18 seconds into the second period after line mate Jestin Somero (New Ipswich, N.H.) crossed a pass from the right wing for the breakaway score.
- Unfortunately, the Mustangs found themselves at a two goal deficit by the end of the second period as Brockport took control, picking up three goals to take the 4-2 advantage.
- The Golden Eagles ended up putting the game away in the 14th minute of the third period with their fifth goal of the contest.
NEXT UP FOR THE MUSTANGS
The Mustangs will head out on the road again on Wednesday evening at 7 PM for another SUNYAC contest against the Buffalo State Bengals.
SUNY Morrisville’s curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News and World Report Best Colleges 2020 issue and was among the top 10 performers for social mobility, and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2020 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about SUNY Morrisville, visit www.morrisville.edu.